By Helen Brown
With an ever increasing number of people choosing to market their businesses with AdWords, account managers are busier than ever! After watching the MCC and multiple account management presentation from Google, here is some basic information and tips on creating an MCC, linking or unlinking accounts and also account alerts.
With MCC (My Client Centre) you can run and maintain more than one AdWords account for your own separate business purposes or on behalf of others.
MCC is designed to address the following kinds of issues-
- having to remember log in information for multiple accounts
- frequently logging in and out of various accounts
- having to run individual reports for each for each of these accounts/ searching various accounts and then manually combining the statistics
- the need to see an overview of all accounts
- ease of multiple account management
To create an MCC, go to http://www.google.com/intl/en/adwords/myclientcenter/. From here you can create and/or link AdWords accounts. From here you will also-
- have a single login for all of these accounts
- have the ability to set and receive alerts about important account changes and events
- have an overview across multiple accounts and the ability for reporting across these accounts
- with MDS (Manager Defined Spend) you can also have consolidated invoicing for all of the managed accounts too.
To link an existing AdWords account-
- Click ‘link existing accounts’ button on your MCC dashboard.
- Enter the customer ID of the account you wish to link in the box and click continue.
- The account owner will receive an email notifying them of the request and they will need to accept before the accounts can be linked. Once they have accepted, the MCC owner will receive notification and the accounts will link.
To unlink an account from your MCC-
- On the MCC dashboard, click the account/client that you wish to remove from the list and click the account tab. Click account access on the drop-down.
- Under client managers, find your email address associated with the account and under ‘actions’, click terminate access.
MCC Alerts - It is useful to create and use alerts on your MCC as these will notify you of certain events taking place in the accounts you manage. You can access alerts from the accounts tab on the MCC dashboard. To take action on a received alert, click the alert and you will be taken to the page in the managed account.
Alerts can be filtered by-
Keyword and creative
You can filter the time of trigger by-
Since last login
Last 7 days
Last 24 hours
Alerts can be displayed for: All Client accounts, only accounts I manage and also filtered by customer ID. To see the results, click apply.
NOTE: Critical alerts must be resolved on the account before they can be dismissed.